Friday, August 19, 2011

40 Days of Now: Day 39

(This post is part of a series. If you'd like to know what it's all about, go here.)


 anitapatterson


When Daddy Comes Home
Little feet pound
shrieks abound
bodies leap
voices greet
hearts race
arms embrace
when Daddy comes home.

Kisses laid
plans are made
secrets told
stories unfold
all is right
on this kind of night
when Daddy comes home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesus, this joy I see in my children when their daddy comes home at the end of the day makes me smile. It causes me to long for Your coming. You've been revealing Yourself to me daily, but it only makes me want more. I want to really see You, to shout for joy and cry with happiness. To kiss Your feet and hug Your neck. To hold Your hands and look into Your eyes. To tell You, face to face, that I love You and thank You for everything. Soon, okay? ~R


Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
(I John 3:2)



 

4 comments:

  1. Did you write that poem? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poem too! I know you have an inspirational flock living in your home:)

    Jesus today I see you in my freedoms and privileges just in being an American. To go and come; to buy and take back; to create and change; to choose. Our freedom is from you. Spiritually I am also free because of your blood. Thank you for the joy and liberation you give me in every realm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do. I think it should be published. Published and then typed and then framed and then have a light installed to shine down on it, and then have a voice recorded that will automatically read the poem whenever someone walks by.

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall