Saturday, August 13, 2011

40 Days of Now: Day 33

(This post is part of a series. If you'd like to know what it's all about, go here.)


Jesus, I see, hear, feel, and know You each day, but I don't often think of smelling You.
 I'm pretty sure I smelled You today. Breathing in the scent of freshly baked bread feels to me like breathing You in. What is it about bread? It's so basic. I have a kitchen full of food, so I forget. Bread sustains. If I had nothing else to eat, bread would get me through another day. 

You are my spiritual bread. You supply me each day my daily portion of this living bread. You sustain me. Your word satisfies my hunger. Your bread will make me live forever. ~R  

I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
 (words of Jesus from John 6:48-51)

1 comment:

  1. Jesus I see you in stories of perseverance.

    We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. II Corinthians 4:8-10

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall