Thursday, August 11, 2011

40 Days of Now: Day 31

(This post is part of a series. If you'd like to know what it's all about, go here.)


Lord, I see You now in this insatiable desire I have to create. I used to think of my love for sewing and crafting as a sort of guilty pleasure, but I don't see it that way anymore. You made me in Your image, and You are rather fond of creating lovely things Yourself. You looked at all You made and said it was good. You were pleased at what You made. And now, I'm looking at these twirly skirts that have made two little girls very happy, and I think it is good. I am pleased. I like this feeling, and I'm thankful You made us this way. The world would be pretty dull without all the songs and novels and sculptures and paintings and poems and dances and foods and buildings and inventions and movies and clothing and baskets and quilts and jewelry that You have inspired us to create. I could go on and on. You inspire me to create! And so create I shall. ~R

 Then Moses said to the Israelites, “See, the LORD has chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills— to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood and to engage in all kinds of artistic crafts. And he has given both him and Oholiab son of Ahisamak, of the tribe of Dan, the ability to teach others. He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers—all of them skilled workers and designers.
(Exodus 35:30-35)

1 comment:

  1. Jesus, I see you today in much needed respite through a thoughtful, loving and creative friend!

    'Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up.
    But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.' Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall