Friday, August 5, 2011

40 Days of Now: Day 25

(This post is part of a series. If you'd like to know what it's all about, go here.)




Jesus, I see You now in this wild and wacky girl and her love for her new baby brother. Her adoration of him is sweet, but it is also fierce. She doesn't want to share him with anyone else. She looks on him with eyes full of wonder and joy that he is really here, alive and precious. And if she could, she would hold him in her little arms forever, I think. 

The love coming out of this eleven-year-old has me thankful once again for Your extreme love for us. For me. Oh, it's so much easier to say that You love us as a collective group. It's less intimate and scary. But You do love me, don't You? I know You do! Just because it's harder to say doesn't mean it's any less true. You really love me! Suddenly that reality is hitting me fresh and I am moved to tears. Your love for me is fiercely passionate; You don't want anyone else to have me. Your love for me is sweet and tender. You look on me with eyes full of kindness and joy in what You have made. And I am Yours! I belong to You, Lord. Once again, I receive this great love of Yours, and I love You back. ~R 

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!
(1 John 3:1)


1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! And so true. It's amazing to think about how much Jesus loves us.

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall