Sunday, August 7, 2011

40 Days of Now: Day 27

(This post is part of a series. If you'd like to know what it's all about, go here.)


At times I forget. But not Now.

Now I remember that even on my best day, when I am patient and loving toward my children, when I cook up something special for my husband,

when I do something thoughtful for a friend or a neighbor, and send money to help an orphan across the world...

...even on that very good day,

when I've done nothing evil to speak of,

if I were to stand alone before my Father, the Holy God of the universe, I would be as black as night. Without You, Jesus, I would be filthy, with no righteousness of my own. You have washed me clean with Your blood. You have scrubbed away every black stain and have made me presentable for the Father. I wear Your holiness, Your righteousness, Your purity with humility and the very deepest gratitude. ~R

As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one;
(Romans 3:10)

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
 (1 John 1:7)






1 comment:

  1. These pictures are wonderful, especially the first three. Love em.

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall