Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Unconventional Medicine


Dr. Nice didn't give me any medication. He was not sure that the benefits would outweigh the side effects. So I skipped on home with no one but God to help me. (And isn't He plenty!) I was a happy girl.
No Vitameatavegamin for me. No, sir! That stuff is nasty and it turns a usually refined(haha) woman like Lucy into the laughingstock of the listening audience. "Do you pop out at parties? Are you unpoopular? Well...are you?"

To tell the truth, I had already been taking my medicine for awhile. Yes, I had been taking "Scripture Pills" every day. Sounds weird, right? But to me, it's the best stuff out there. And it's so tasty, too! Even better than Mary Poppins' cherry cordial or rum punch.



Proverbs 4:20-22 says, "My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body." If God's Word is health to my whole body, then I'll gladly take that medicine every day!

Here's a special favorite of mine for believing in His power to heal: "And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who lives in you" (Romans 8:11). This to me is the ultimate in fabulous benefits that come from following Christ. His Spirit lives within us! And it's the same Spirit of God that raised Jesus from the dead! When I "take" this verse as medicine, I think of the power it took to bring life back to already dead and decaying cells in Jesus' physical body. And then I think about how wonderful it is that the same Spirit, the same power, is in me! Healing a brain lesion seems like a piece of cake compared to raising a whole dead body doesn't it?

morguefile.com
These two verses are just a drop in the bucket of wealth that can be found in the Word of God. I love His Word! It is life to me. I know that most of you reading this feel the same way. But if you have been feeling like the Bible is a dry old piece of literature, I would encourage you to ask the Lord to reveal it to you in a new, fresh way. Ask Him to make it alive and meaningful to you. 

This method of treatment is good for ALL that ails you, physical or otherwise. It comes with a warning, however. It may cause certain side effects, including faith, joy, strength, peace, strong urges to break out in song, love for others, endurance, better sleep at night, and intense cravings for more. But not to worry: it is free and you can take it as often as you like without fear of overdose!   

2 comments:

  1. Rachelle, thank you for being such an encouragement to all who read your blog and always pointing the praise back to our amazing God and Saviour! He WILL heal you and HE will receive all the PRAISE & HONOR for it!

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall