Friday, August 6, 2010

Double Vision

Two days after my dream, while driving on an errand, I realized with a sinking feeling that I should not be driving.  I was seeing two of everything.  And while that is good if you are looking at chocolate or one hundred dollar bills, it is not good when you are driving.  Or reading.  Or putting on your make-up.  Or spanking a bottom.  Whoops, I missed.  Or trying to oh-so- naturally put your hand out to lean upon a railing while in the midst of conversation.  Whoops, missed again.  Well, needless to say, this problem was quite unwelcome in my life.  I was busy.  I had things to do.  I needed to be able to see straight.  As days turned into weeks with no change and the addition of other alarming symptoms, I felt I was sinking into a place I did not want to be.  I felt disoriented, dependent on my family and friends in a way I did not like, and afraid. 

In the midst of it all, a continual comfort to me was the thought that although I could not see well, God could see me, and His vision is perfect.  What a blessing it is to be watched over with such loving eyes.  Do you know the story of Hagar?  She was the servant of Sarah, who mistreated her because she was pregnant with Abraham's child.  Did you know that Hagar gave the Lord a name?  When Hagar fled into the desert because of Sarah, the angel of the Lord came and ministered to her and told her what to do.  "She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her:  'You are the God who sees me,' for she said, 'I have now seen the One who sees me.'"(Genesis 16:13).  El Roi is His name.  The God who sees me.

He is so personal to me.  He is not distant.  He sees me and knows me.  He came and found me in my desert and told me what to do.  And what He would do for Hagar and for me and for countless others, He will do for you.  So, how about you?  Are you in a desert place right now?  Are you lonely or scared about something?  Have you been hurt and mistreated?  I encourage you to look to Him as El Roi, the God who sees you. 

To be continued...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

avandia recall