Friday, August 13, 2010

I Love Me Some Potatoes



By boilers89

The regularly scheduled testimony is about to be interrupted by a special announcement.
I really like potatoes.

I have so enjoyed sharing my story with you, and your comments and messages and words of encouragement have made me smile and laugh and cry and thank the Lord for His goodness. I think I just need a day's break from all the emotion. I'm having so much fun writing about His love, and I will finish telling my story, but guess what? God made potatoes, and I like them...
mashed

baked(look at the steam comin' off that baby)

twice-baked
fried

in a German salad

scalloped

and roasted.

Butter, salt, sour cream, parsley, garlic, chives, green onions, cheese, bacon, or broccoli? Yes, I will take all those with my potato. Potatoes can warm your tummy, and if it is winter and your heater breaks, they can also warm your bed. They can warm your hands at the bus stop and your feet on a sleigh ride!

(Richard De Wolf)
 Remember Psalm 24:1, "The earth is the Lord's and everything in it..." (and that includes potatoes). Now, go have a fun Friday, eat some potatoes, and give thanks to the Lord!


3 comments:

  1. Can I laugh any more? You are a total riot! I think there was a movie where someone (Billy Bob Thornton perhaps) referenced "french-fried potatoes". I know Brian often alters his voice with said quotation when the subject of potatoes arises . . . much like today when reading your Blog. Of course, since he is not here, I just hear the voice in my head . . . scary, eh? Thanks for the post! I'm still smiling and will take that through the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This took me back to our many meals together! I remember your potatoes very vividly and your awesome salads! I hope I can be a cooking mom like you someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that intermission graphic. I love it more than potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall