Thursday, August 5, 2010

I am a dreamer.

(picture by irmarn)

My story will come in pieces.  It is better that way.  I'd like to take you with me on my journey of healing.  But today, I want to tell you why I named the blog "Flooded Heart".  March 7th of this year was the beginning of some strange symptoms for me.  I will have more on that later.  Right now, I'm going to tell you about the nap I had that day.  You know, I don't usually discuss my naps with anyone.  As the mother of 3 little kiddos, my naps are beautiful things.  They are sacred.  They are not to be discussed like your everyday riff-raff around the water cooler.  But I am making an exception, because I had a vivid dream that I know was from God. 

In this dream, I watched myself and hundreds of other women as we worshipped together.  I could see our hearts because they were hovering over our chests.  Each heart had a door and every door was open.  Fantastic beams of light were shooting into and bursting out of every heart's door.  At the same time, I could hear the song we were singing to God, asking Him to shine His light in our hearts and flood our hearts with His love.  I started to weep because of the light's intensity.  It was wonderful, but also very painful.  When I woke up, I was really crying. 


What does it all mean, you ask?  Well, that's what I said.  I didn't fully understand it at the time, but I was about to enter unknown territory in my life, and the Lord was giving me a preview of what He was going to do in my heart. 

This is a warning.  If you are reading this blog and you consider yourself a man, the next paragraph is about to get somewhat feminine, as I will be referring specifically to women.  Just flex your muscles periodically, and you will be fine. (Or cover up the "wo" in "women" with your beard or your big giant thumb or any masculine item you have laying around like a hammer or a hunting knife.)

Now that I understand the meaning of the dream for me personally, what intrigues me is all the other women in the dream.  Who are they?  Could you be one of them?  Who or what is your heart beating for right now?  How about your door?  Is it open or closed?  Jesus said, "Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20).  I don't know about you, but there is no one I would rather eat with and fellowship with than Him. 


Here is something I know for sure:  if you have been struggling in your heart lately with anything at all--big or small--God is wanting to shine His light in there and flood you with His love.  He loves you so much!


More of my story soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Rachelle, I was glad we got a chance to have a "real" conversation the day of Mike's party. I got to know a side of you that I hadn't seen before. And now this blog and what you're sharing is building on that day for me. You had me misting up from the very beginning. Much like your sister, you have a gift with words. I'm looking forward to more and more. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This spoke to me in many ways, but I would especially like to thank you for bringing to mind the image of Dad and Josh's big thumbs. :)

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall