Wednesday, July 27, 2011

40 Days of Now: Day 16

(This post is part of a series. If you'd like to know what it's all about, go here.)





Lord, I think it a curious thing that my flowers can change from an alarming condition of droopiness...

...to this lovely state of fullness in only ten minutes. Water is life-giving. I see You in this. It sounds pretty lame to tell You that You perk me up when I'm droopy. You do, but it's so much more monumental than that. You gave me life when I was dead! Your Spirit and Your Word water my thirsty soul. You seep in and fill every dry and dusty crevice until I am refreshed and full again. I'm so grateful that Your supply of water is never-ending, and You give it freely. I want to meet You at the well, sit by You, talk awhile, and just drink You in. ~R

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
(John 4:13-14)

1 comment:

  1. Stopping and sitting still..finally. I look up. I am looking beyond the 2-4 foot radius of me where I have focused most of the day. I look up and far away to the sky and where the trees meet the blue and I see you. I see the strength and steadfastness of your existence. All day long the vast blue sky,fluffy clouds were there...but I didn't take time to look...or sit. You are always there Jesus when I take the time to stop. And even when I don't take the time--you still are there; i just miss out.

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall