Monday, October 11, 2010

Guess What?

There are a few items I would like to go over with you today:

1. I loved every single one of your comments on my last post. Thank you for sharing your dear hearts with me!


2. We have a winner! I used my random number generator thingy, which by the way, is not random to me. Prayer has a way of changing randomness into intentionality. You may laugh about this, but before each giveaway I've done, I've prayed that the Lord would choose the right person to receive the gift I am giving.

I know it doesn't seem like it matters who gets a simple bag I've made, but it does matter to me. I didn't know who she was, but I was praying for her while I made the bag. I prayed that God would bless her life, and He knew who I was praying for, because He knew who would win.

And as it turns out, I do know the winner, and I happen to like her. She is someone I grew up alongside, and am now getting reacquainted with through our life group at church. 

Congratulations, SugarBeanz! You are the winner of the Wild and Crazy Overnight Bag. SugarBeanz is the mom of an adorable little girl and she is soon to deliver her second baby. Maybe if you don't get an overnight in before your due date, you can take the bag to the hospital! 

By the way, I think it's really neat that I made this bag as a tribute to my dad, and SugarBeanz happens to have a pretty wonderful dad herself. I have looked up to him since I was a youth. He is someone who truly loves the Lord, and I don't believe I have ever seen him without a smile on his face. I know that my dad thought so much of him. And it's all the more meaningful to me that he was one of the faithful men I spoke of in this post who laid hands on me and prayed for me when I was sick.



3. Our WholyFit winner has given us her first impression after trying it out. By the way, she is also reviewing the cookies she ate right before the workout. Julie said, 
Ok so review of my initial impression...the caramel apple oatmeal cookie was scrumptious...both of them! For the workout video...it has a lot of good stretches. My body DOES NOT bend like that! With more days of this it might. As far as the spiritual aspect goes, to be honest, first impression was it is kind of cheesy. The video cover says it takes you through Bible memorization, but what that seems to consist of is verses at the bottom of the screen, which you can't really watch while doing the video because it has you looking every other way. The connection to Ephesians 6 seemed like a stretch (no pun intended). The end of the video did have a time of relaxing and clearing the mind and focusing your mind on God. Overall, I think I will like the stretches as soon as my body likes bending that way! :)



4. I've had an unusual amount of cake lately, and there is more cake in my near future. People should be aware of this.


5. I have an MRI of my brain this afternoon, followed by an appointment with Dr. Nice! You may read about Dr. Nice here, if you would like. I will let you know how it goes.

6. I love you.

7. Goodbye.  

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Rachelle - for sharing your heart. You are talented writer and clearly hear His voice. Thanks for being who HE created you to be.
    Blessings to you and the fam
    Brock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give my love to the kids! I will be praying for you as you go for your appointment! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, yes, I wanted the bag. But am I over it? Yes. I can honestly say I would have been a touch sad had I won and stolen this opportunity from someone else. Everyone should have the opportunity to possess one of your stylish bags and the blessings given with it. So, this will be a wonderful bag for SugarBeanz to take with her to the hospital when she has her baby. BTW I feel so ridiculous saying, "SugarBeanz", but I will not reveal her name to the public should she wish to stay incognito. I love her dad too. He is a consistent man of God and I know a dear friend to my dad. He is one of those faithful faces you can always rely on; a true spiritual mentor. As well, I am thrilled to be in Life Group with SugarBeanz, who I did not know beheld this name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OoOooOOOooo! I love that bag! I have every fabric you used too. Great minds I guess <3
    You did a beautiful job.
    I am a bag fanatic in case you didn't know.
    The End

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word,thank you. I can't believe I won and I feel like this bag belongs to Jill(she worked so hard advertising for you). Rachelle, this post made my cry!!!! I'm saying prayers now for your appoinment. And I'll have to tell my Dad about the wonderful things you said about him.

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall