Wednesday, September 14, 2011

20/20

razvandm
tired, sleepless, wide-eyed, I lay on my bed
looking out my window
eyes free of my artificial lenses
but able to see the moon
full and luminous

without clarity
you look like a dandelion, old moon
ready to be scattered by the gusty blast of a
boy turned tornado

you might be a million shards of light
blown away
never to return to the whole

without warning
a ribbon of fear wraps itself
around my heart

is this what I have done, Father?
have I, with unfocused eyes
seen You as a someone
You are not?

have I, in weakness
believed You to be fragile
easily disseminated by my recklessness?

before the ribbon tightens
my fear becomes a prayer

help me see You
rightly
with heart eyes clear and focused faith
that You are solid
a rock
worthy
to be
trusted
much

and my lids surrender then to sleep.


Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. (I Corinthians 13:12, NLT)

Linking today with the inspiring eMiLy at



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. You are an amazing writer. I love the whole stanza about the dandelion. You are a better writer than I ever knew. And I already thought you were really good, so that's saying something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "my fear becomes a prayer." such a good line, friend. such a good post. and YOU are the inspiring one... :)

    ReplyDelete

avandia recall